June 28, 2013

Love Letter of Kim Boong-do




Let me share to you a love letter written by Kim Boong Do from the Koreanovela, Queen & I. Yes - i've been staying up late at night to watch this :')


This letter is written both to me and you.
I may forget that I even wrote this letter,
or this letter itself might disappear.
But this letter is written for me and you,
either one of us who may live on holding onto memories.

When I first came into possession of this talisman,
I wanted to know what its cause and effect were.
At first, I thought it was the realization of my frustrated dream.
Then, I thought perhaps the reason was our fateful meeting.
After that, I thought it must be for me to live in a new world.
But now, I have finally realized the real cause and effect.

In order to save my own life,
I would have to lose everything.
My future, my name, my values…my people…and also you.
To gain life, one must pay a price and lose something else…
that is obvious logic.

I was foolish to think I could at least have one thing.
How much must I lose in order to repay the debt of my life?
Never being able to see you again?
I have realized even that is a luxury.

Memories..
Our memories.
Losing them is the final price.

I don’t know what will happen now.
Will we forget each other?
Or will we live unable to forget,
forever tormented?

My final wish,
is to be able to remember you.
In an aimless life,
to not even have those memories would be hell.

And you.. and you…
if you should happen to read this letter
far into the future,
I pray you will not realize
for whom this letter is meant for.


 


Boong Do, Queen In Hyun’s Man, Episode 15 —






No comments:

Post a Comment