January 22, 2014

Digital Perm at Beauty Brick


I got a DigiPerm!

Yes, am a hard-headed - risk taker - stubborn lady. After reviving my hair from a dreaded effect of rebond treatment, i finally give in! A digi perm at Beauty Brick Salon at Makati with my best friend.


My BFF and i have been discussing digi perm for months before we finally decided to take the plunged last Nov 23 2013.

We did our reseach and was torn between Tony & Jackey and Beauty Brick. As for service and price, Tony & Jackey is known to have expensive services and mostly based on hair length while patrons kept coming back and recommending Beauty Brick for the perfect curls they do.

Late Thursday afternoon, I sent a message to book an appointment for Saturday and received a response after a while they even called for confirmation late Friday afternoon.






My BFF and I arrived at Beauty Brick before 9am. The place looks cozy. We were greeted by the staffs and the receptionist checked my schedule and ushered us to their couches and offered hair magazine.



art deco at the powder room upstairs of the salon





















We were first to arrive at the salon so i got to looked at their wall art and lined up digiperm.




I like how Mr. Shin took his time in checking personally each of the clients’ hair treatments.
The stylist were so warm and friendly. They won't also insist you to avail their other treatment unlike the others.

The Maintenance (as prescribed by Beauty Brick)




1) After digiperm, you can shower next-day but don’t use shampoo. Conditioner only. I don’t intend to wash my hair until after 48 hours to be safe.

2) You can shampoo on the 3rd day.

3) After showering, assuming there’s no more excess water, comb it with a wide tooth comb. Comb only when wet and never when dry.

4) Section your hair twice, left and right side. Then twist gently.

5) Start scrunching. This is a move wherein you cup the twists with your hand from the bottom and bounce them gently. Think of coiling a spring and releasing it.

6) Cup the scrunches and blow dry them while in your fist. A diffuser would make it easier. NEVER with an electric fan.

7) Once dry, separate the curls and apply a wax. They suggest any styling wax.

8) Scrunch throughout the day to maintain curls. No more twisting because it already has product in it. Only when wet.




Overall, my experience with Beauty Brick is above expecations. I'll come back for sure.


Time Duration: 8am to 11:00am
Price Paid: Php3,300 + Php200 tip.


Tidbits:
Beauty Brick will now be known as BLU-AF.









Beauty Brick Hair Art Studio

Address: Unit 103 Dona Consolacion Bldg. 122 Jupiter St. Bel-air Makati City
Phone Numbers: 408-3398/473-5108; 0917-520-0044




 

7 comments:

  1. How I wish my experience was same as yours. Mine turned out bad. I availed the digiperm service of EdwinLisa Salon at their JP Rizal branch in Makati using the Metrodeal voucher. It was a total of almost 6hrs of procedure and it cost me 4k (incl. root color, treatment, half rebond) but the result was frustrating. I was told that I’m okay to leave even if my hair was still dripping wet and was applied with 10-12pumps of curling lotion. When my hair finally dried, it was so stiff and heavy. My hair looked so messy and frizzy. I don’t know what to do with my hair now, I even messaged the fb page of EdwinLisa but they did not reply. I had my digiperm at a Korean Salon last year but the result was beautiful and it even cost me less (ensogo voucher 1.8k only).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi joann, kung ako din siguro ang nasa position mo - medyo madi-disappoint din ako sa digiperm service nila. To think na nagbayad ka naman. Pero lets just move on and learn from this lesson :)

    What you have to do is to think of something na makakapag eenhance ng ganda ng buhok mo.

    Pasalamat na rin tayo at di na-damage ang buhok mo. Look for hair treatments na lang na makakapag soften ng frizzy hair mo. You could also use keratin treatments para ma-nourish and revive the vitality of you hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, medium curl ba ito o yung big curls. Ang ganda ng pagkakakulot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, my friend and I both had medium curls. ang bilis lang ng procedure. Very efficient ang mga staffs. and we all had the personal touch of Mr. SHIN.

      Thanks for droppin'!

      Delete
  4. Hi, do they accommodate even walk-ins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so pero EM, I recommend na magpa reserve ka pa rin kasi as early as 7am marami na silang clients.

      Delete
  5. Hi po! Do they offer half rebond half perm po? Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete