May 09, 2013

Mother’s Day – My Mom Was Once A Chef

I can cook, but not well. I figure I have six years until my children discover what  their friend’s mothers make for dinner – Jane Pauley

When I come across this quote, I just couldn’t help but smile..

I was on my teenage years na when I realized that my mother doesn’t actually knows how to cook! For once I thought that instant noodles with eggs and sautéed chicken with ketchup were special on our dinner table! Haha!
the ever dependable-Rodeo cornedbeef!
Now I know why hotdogs (we love Purefoods Beefies!), bacons, hams and tosino were so staple at our fridge! And canned goods like corned beef ( you still remember RODEO?) and sardines (555 and Master Sardines) never run out of stock!
I love you, Nay –  best chef ever!  

No comments:

Post a Comment