July 04, 2014

Na-Na: My First Handmade Cloth Doll



After 3 nights (after office)  of stitching and stuffing, I finally made my own Handmade Cloth Doll – Nana. I named it after my niece.

I wanted to use felt kaya lang wala akong mabilhan..so ended up using old tshirts. I also wanted to use felt for the eyes so again, I ended up using fabric paints. Na-na’s hair was made of yellow yard (for her yellow eyes!). Isn’t she lovely?



My colleague, #Bona whose been very supportive to me asked me to make another one using felt. The cloth that I used kasi with Na-na stretched after stuffing that’s why she became longer than the pattern. Hmmm.. If I’ll find some felt in Santa Cruz, why not, diba?  J

For sure, I’ll be busy making clothes for Na-na this weekend J


Will keep you posted!

What do you think of my Cloth Doll? Have you also made one?





 

No comments:

Post a Comment