May 24, 2013

Angelina Jolie Had A Double Mastectomy




My children can see my small scars and that’s it. Everything else is just Mommy, the same as she always was.  ~ Angelina Jolie




I was shocked when I heard from the news that Angelina Jolie underwent a double mastectomy. It even shows pictures of what this procedure would have been. And I was – ano’ng nangyari???

From an op-ed article in the New York Times, I’ve noted:

I have always told them (her kids)  not to worry, but the truth is I carry a “faulty” gene.

I can tell my children that they don’t need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer. It is reassuring that they see nothing that makes them uncomfortable.



They can see my small scars and that’s it. Everything else is just Mommy, the same as she always was.

And they know that I love them and will do anything to be with them as long as I can.

On a personal note, I do not feel any less of a woman. I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity.


My heart is warmed by her bravery!

As a mom, I believed that Jolie is extremely brave for making a huge decision such as this.
She could spare herself from the agonies of painful procedures, scars and series of surgeries. Instead, she courageously endures the pain and face her situation in order to be there for her children in the future.

In my most humble opinion, all her actions and reasons for coming up into that decision boils down into one reality that she is – a mother! An extremely selfless woman and a very much of a mommy!

What she did defines  what mothers would willingly do for the sake of her children and family.



To Angelina and to everyone who’s on the same plight and are fighting for their health, life and family – my prayers are with you! Kudus!



 


 


.


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment