April 22, 2014

17 Week: Baby measles (roseola)


I had an overnight fever a week before I had baby measles. After 5 days rashes on my arms and face appeared, so our HR sent me to the nearest hospital to checked. Turns out – I had a non-infectious viral rashes or Tigdas hangin at my 17th week of being pregnant! Boy, I am so lucky, huh! The doctor recommends a 5 days bed rest and Vit-C maintenance to boost my immune system.

I also consulted my OB to to know about this virus and if this could affect my little bean.

My OB advised me to take Paracetamol and a lot of fluids are necessary to address the fever. No treatment is necessary for tigdas hangin or roseola infantum since it is due to a viral cause and is self-limited. I also had CBC test. I also took my second ultrasound to ensure that i have enough fluid to support my little bean. These viral infection would not naman daw affect my baby unlike the german measles so I don’t have anything to worry about.

I took advantage of these leave from work to rest and to bond with my husband and my kids.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment